Jobbio started with a simple story. Stephen and John are two brothers from Dublin, Ireland. One was looking for a job he loved. The other ran a business and wanted to find staff who loved their jobs while being mindful of the costs and inefficiencies always associated with recruitment. Neither could find an answer to their problems. So over a coffee, a tea and a pint or two they decided to build a platform that could be the answer. And so the Jobbio story began.
Here are some things that crop up a bit. If your question isn′t one of these please let us know.
What is Jobbio?
Jobbio is a recruitment platform that makes it easy to discover and apply for jobs. We connect talented people to the companies they want to work for. Watch our video here.
How do I sign up for Jobbio?
Where can I download the app?
Our app is great, there we said it. Go to the App store or click here.
Where can I follow Jobbio?
I would like to see some testimonials.
No problem. Click here to see what some of our current brands think of Jobbio.
How do I contact you?
Feel free to contact us at any time. We will do our very best to help. Just click here to chose your preferred method.
Are there any major rules?
Only one. We don′t allow recruitment agencies on Jobbio. Sorry!
How do I sign up for Jobbio?
To sign up as a brand, please click here.
Is Jobbio free to set up?
Yes. Jobbio is totally free to set up.
Are job postings free?
Yes. Posting jobs is free. Forever.
How does your pricing work?
Our pricing is very simple. On Jobbio we only charge for relevance.
Please click here to view our full pricing details.
How do I accept talent?
Ah you′ve found someone you like, great. Simply click the accept button on their bio.
How do I post a job?
Posting a job has never been easier. Log in, click the ′Jobs′ tab and then customise your job ads with videos, pictures and text to attract the best talent.
When I post a job, where does it appear?
Easy. You click talent and go into search talent or look into your folders. There you will find all the talent you have accepted.
How do I search talent outside my pool?
You can search talent outside of your pool using the advanced search function. You will find advanced search in the ′search talent′ tab. As you know Jobbio is fully private so you will not get the full details of any talent until they have accepted your invite. The good news is when you send your invite they will click on your bio where you are telling them what an awesome company you have!
How do I add content to my brand Bio?
We′ve made this part easy. Just click ′Add content′ under the Bio tab. There you will find options to add text, video, pictures, keywords, links and even maps.
What should I put in my brand bio?
To attract the best talent you have to tell a brilliant story. Show them what you do, what it′s like to work there and what kind of talent you want to attract. Use our simple tools to tell a great brand story.
How do I place talent into a folder?
If you want to put accepted talent into folders it couldn′t be easier. Just click the folder icon on their bio and all your folder options will appear.
How do I create a folder?
Go to the ′talent′ tab and then click ′My folders′. There you will see all your existing folders. You will also see the option to create a new folder. Easy!
How do I refer my jobs using Jobbio?
Go to referral under the jobs section and there you go. Simply click refer and you can send the job to your colleagues.
Where do I get the ′J′ to put on my site?
Our little ′J′ has come along way. To put it on your site just click here and follow the instructions.
Where can I get Jobbio stickers?
If you need some of our stickers, don′t hesitate to ask. Just email us here with your request.
Where can I enter my credit card details?
Just go to the ′Settings′ tab, click ′Account′ and you can submit your details in there.
How do I set up my autoreplies?
Simply go to the ′Settings′ tab, click ′Autoreplies′ and you can have as many as you like. You can also turn them on and off as your please.
I am having trouble, how can I get in touch?
Don′t worry, we′re here to help. Click here.
Does your app work for brands?
Yes! Of course. Manage your content and review talent requests while you are on the move. Download it here if you haven′t already...
I have forgotten my username and password?
Don′t worry, it happens to the best of us. Just click here and we can send you a reminder.
How do I add content to my Bio?
Just click on the ′Bio′ tab and then ′Add content′. From there you can add in text, pictures, video, skills and links
What should I put in my Bio?
Your Bio is the first thing brands see when you apply to connect with them. Tell them what you have done, what you do and what you are capable of. Oh and try to avoid using buzz words
How do I apply for a job?
Once your bio is set up you can either search for brands or individual Jobs. When you see one you like, it′s as simple as clicking apply.
What happens when I press ′Connect′?
When you click connect a request goes to the brand directly. You will now receive job opportunities from them into your biostream. It′s like building your own personalised job stream.
I haven′t heard anything from the brand after I requested to connect?
This could be for a few different reasons. Some companies take awhile to respond to their talent requests. Another option could be that they haven′t accepted your application, not to worry, there′s plenty more fish in the sea.
Where can I see the jobs or brands I have applied for?
For your jobs, go to ′My Jobs′ under Activity and you will find any jobs which you have applied for. For your brands, go to ′My Brands′ under Activity and you will find any brands that you have requested to connect with.
Where can I turn on or off my notifications?
We love when an easy question comes up. Just go to settings and then click notifications.
Jobbio for Brands
Jobbio is the best way to attract, organise, connect to and hire talented people. Our platform solves the three major problem areas of recruitment; presentation, time and of course cost.
You′ll be up and running in a flash.
Building your brilliant bio is as easy as... something that′s really easy.
Design your bio easily.
Create your own beautiful jobs page. Add branding, text, imagery, video and even integrate your social networks. No code required.
Share beautiful opportunities.
Post beautiful job ads and share them with the world using your social networks. Always free.
Manage your applications. Digitally.
Use our simple tools to manage all your job applications.
Live relevant talent.
Create a live relevant talent pool and have access to them at the click of a button.
Manage it all on mobile using our intuitive app. Available to download for free on iOS and Android.
Join Jobbio Today.
Simply click on the button below.
Jobbio for Talent
Jobbio is the best way to discover and apply for jobs.
Create your brilliant bio in minutes.
Use beautiful and easy tools to tell your work story better.
Tell your story and stand out.
Add your work history, imagery, video, blogs and integrate your social networks with ease.
Discover brilliant opportunities.
Discover amazing opportunities with brilliant brands and apply for them with ease.
We are all about privacy.
We know your privacy is important to you. The only people that know that you are on Jobbio is you and the brands you choose to connect to.
You are live.
You are not on file. You are live. Edit your bio and the brands you are connected to get an updated bio.
Opportunity goes moblie.
Edit your bio, discover opportunity and apply with ease using our simple and intuitive app. Available to download for free on iOS and Android.
Join Jobbio Today.
Jobbio is mobile
Opportunity at your finger tips.
Discover opportunities on your smartphone and apply with the click of a button.
Search for jobs by sector, skill, location and even ′Near you′.
Edit your bio on the move.
None yet but gives us some time to find our feet! We are only getting started.
Have a look at why brands and businesses are using Jobbio.
Ollie Fegan - Temptster
Ollie explains how using Jobbio is changing the way he relates to potential talent.
Shane Mitchell - Asador
Shane talks about using Jobbio to create a live talent pool for his business.
John Hogan - Leman Solicitors
John talks about using Jobbio to hire better and save time!
Pricing like it should be. Simple.
Jobbio is free for talent.
Pricing for the brands below.
Jobbio is free to set up for brands and businesses. There are no monthly fees, no contracts and no hidden costs.
Our pricing model is all about relevance. So brands only pay for talent they feel are relevant to them. We charge €2 per talent you accept into your talent pool.
We then charge €0.50 per talent you wish to keep in your live talent pool on an annual basis.
There are no other costs. Everything else is FREE. Including all job postings. Yes, we said all job postings.
See we told you it was simple. But first, lets get you started because all accounts come with your first 30 days free.
Also just to make things easy, there is no credit card commitment until you are happy.
TALENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LAST UPDATED AUGUST 2013
Welcome to Jobbio. We are Avar Communications Limited trading as Jobbio. Please read the below terms and conditions carefully before you sign up to our site.
These Terms are deemed accepted by you when you click on the confirm button and join Jobbio. If you do not agree to any of the Terms, do not use the Jobbio site or our services.
In order to access to receive information or other alerts you must register on the Jobbio site. If you register, you should ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
You are solely responsible for keeping your own data accurate, complete and up to date. Please update any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details. As you are completely in control of your own Bio and CV, Jobbio accepts no responsibility for verifying that your details are up to date.
If you register to use the Jobbio site you will be asked to create a password. In order to prevent fraud, you must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting email@example.com immediately.
If Jobbio has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Jobbio site or a breach of these Terms, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
Right to suspend or cancel your registration or account
We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, at our discretion.
You can cancel your registration at any time by logging onto the Jobbio site through the "unsubscribe" link contained in our emails to you. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Jobbio site shall not affect either party's statutory rights or liabilities
In addition to any other prohibited uses contained in any other part of our Terms, you may not use Jobbio for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
- transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice;
- interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of Jobbio;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your breach of this clause.
By submitting information through Jobbio you agree and acknowledge that while we may contact you in response to the information you provide, and we are not obliged to provide you with any particular product or services.
Liability and Disclaimer
Whilst Jobbio uses reasonable care in compiling and presenting the content found on the Jobbio site, it is provided purely for information and you should seek further guidance and make independent enquiries before relying upon it. If Jobbio is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Jobbio site we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. Jobbio is not responsible where:
- you cannot access our site for any reason;
- you cannot apply for any job vacancy available on our site for any reason; or
- where your CV or job application does not reach the company you have applied to for any reason.
Jobbio accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any details or job vacancies posted by any company, person or third party on our site.
JOBBIO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LAST UPDATED AUGUST 2013
By signing up to our Site and using the Services you (″you″ or the ″Brand″) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of service (″Conditions″), and all policies referred to in these Conditions, each as may be modified by Jobbio from time to time.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICE.
Application of the Conditions
- Please read these Conditions carefully. These Conditions, along with any other policies or guidelines posted on this Site, shall govern your use of the Services, whether directly or through a third-party site.
- By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you have read, understand, have the legal capacity to, and hereby agree to be legally bound by these Conditions.
- Jobbio is permitted to make changes to these Conditions and any other policies or guidelines by notifying you via the contact details you have provided on the Site and/ or by publishing the changes at the Site. Continuing to use the Service indicates that you fully accept the changes to the Conditions. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon their being posted on the Site. Therefore, Jobbio encourages you to check the date of our Conditions and other policies whenever you visit this Site to check if they have been updated.
In these Conditions the following words and phrases shall have the following
meanings unless the context requires otherwise:-
Brandany person or entity using and purchasing the Services;
Brand Biothe biography that a Brand creates on the Site about its own company, organisation or business in order to attract Talent;
Brand Materialsthe materials owned by the Brand including information, design work, artwork and logos;
Conditionsthese Terms and Conditions;
Feesthe fees and charges payable by the Brand to Jobbio as specified on the Site from time to time;
JobbioAvar Communications Limited trading as Jobbio a company incorporated in Ireland with company number 495027 whose address is at 46 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2;
Servicesthe hiring and careers services that Jobbio provides to a Brand as listed on the Site from time to time;
Sitethe Jobbio hosted website which is a dedicated recruitment portal hosted on behalf of the Brand; and
Talenta Talent who registers on the Jobbio site. Through the Jobbio site itself or through a client site;
Talent CV / Biothe curriculum vitae, biography page or brief outline details of a Talent's education, training, skills and employment experience which is provided to Jobbio by a Talent for distribution to Brands with a view to securing employment.
- In these Conditions the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings unless the context requires otherwise:-
- The Brand is entirely responsible for creating its own Brand Bio and uploading any Brand Materials it requires on its own Brand Bio.
- A Brand can delete its Brand Bio at any stage and is entirely responsible for updating and ensuring the accuracy of information that it uploads to its own Brand Bio or for any advertisement or opportunity it posts to the Site. Jobbio does not accept liability for any consequences, howsoever arising, due to error or delay in provision of the Services and has the right at its sole discretion to decline to publish or omit, suspend or change the position of any advertisement, opportunity or Brand Bio published on the Site.
- Jobbio reserves the absolute right, without giving any reasons, to decline, cancel or remove any Brand Bio, advertisement, opportunity or to discontinue the provision of the Services for any reason and at any time without prior notice.
- An advertisement, opportunity or otherwise which indicates, or can reasonably be understood as indicating, an intention to discriminate on grounds of sex, race or age will not be accepted unless it is exempted from the requirements of the Employment Equality Act or the Equal Status Act.
- Jobbio shall be entitled at any time without notifying the Brand to make changes to the Services, which are necessary to comply with any applicable security or other statutory requirements and shall determine the manner in which the Services are provided.
Obligations of Jobbio
- Jobbio will use its reasonable endeavours to enable Talent the facility of viewing the Brands' opportunities on the Site and to provide the Services to the Brand. However, the Brand accepts that Jobbio cannot guarantee the functionality of the Site 100% of the time.
Obligations of the Brand
The Brand hereby undertakes and warrants to Jobbio:
- that it will use all reasonable precautions against access of the Site (or any website that is, or may become linked to any website) by any unauthorised persons, including but not limited to, the use of user names and passwords and the securing of information relating to communications between the Brand's hardware and the rest of the Site;
- that it will comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the ″Acts″) and ePrivacy Regulations 2011 (S.I. 336 of 2011) (and any related or updated legislation applicable) or relevant legislation with regard to any Talent information received by it and in particular to keep such information confidential;
- that in relation to any opportunity or advertisement the Brand is a principal notwithstanding that the Brand may be acting directly or indirectly for a third party;
- that the publication of the opportunity or advertisement through the Site by Jobbio as originally submitted or as amended will not breach any agreement or infringe or violate any right of any person or render Jobbio liable to any proceedings whatsoever and the Brand indemnifies Jobbio against all costs, claims, damages, loss, expenses and liabilities suffered or incurred by Jobbio as a result of this undertaking and warranty being incorrect;
- that any information supplied by the Brand in connection with the provision of the Services is accurate, complete and true;
- that in respect of any advertisement which contains the name or pictorial representation (photographic or otherwise) of any living person and/or any part of any living person and/or any copy by which any living person is or can be identified the Brand has obtained the authority of such living person to make use of such name, representation and/or copy;
- that each advertisement and all content posted to the Site or use of the Site by the Brand is legal, decent, honest and truthful and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and codes relating to advertising as may be appropriate;
that no use of the Site, advertisement or other data posted to the Site is or
contains any data, image or other material which is:
- offensive, obscene or indecent, or capable of being resolved into obscene or indecent images or material;
- defamatory, threatening or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- designed or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, unwanted attention or needless anxiety to any other person;
- likely to or infringes the rights (including, without limitation, the intellectual property rights) of another person;
- designed or likely to cause disruption to any computer system or to any network;
- illegal or designed or likely to induce an illegal act;
- harmful to minors in any way;
- used to transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- The Brand is responsible for ensuring that the content of any opportunity, advertisement or data posted to the Site and the use of the Services is not discriminatory, obscene, defamatory, or in any other way illegal or in breach of any legislation. The Brand also agrees to comply with all relevant industry Codes of Practice.
- The Brand acknowledges that it is not vested with any proprietary rights in respect of the Site, or any Talent Bio or CV or other information submitted by any Talent.
- The Brand shall indemnify Jobbio against all claims made by the third parties in respect of the misuse of the data supplied to the Brand.
- The Brand shall obtain from the Talent, as much information about the Talent's qualifications and experience, as is necessary for determining whether the Talent is suitable for employment, and shall ascertain that the Talent has such qualifications as are required by law.
- The Brand shall ensure that the Talent is fully aware of any conditions imposed by law, which must be satisfied by the Talent and that any employment resulting therefrom shall be legal.
The Brand shall:
- not operate or provide the services of a recruitment agent, agency or consultancy;
- use all Talent CVs supplied for the sole purpose of endeavouring to provide or locate suitable employment on behalf of Talents;
- ensure that it is notified as a data controller to the Data Protection Commissioner′s Office (if applicable) under the Acts to the extent that it applies and complies with its obligations under those Acts;
- keep confidential the Talent CVs and all other information supplied by the Talent to the Brand or its employees or agents and shall only use such information for such agreed purpose if endeavouring to seek or provide employment opportunities for Talent with their express consent in respect of the Talent CVs;
- obtain the express consent of a Talent prior to submitting his or her Talent CV or any details contained on his or her Bio to any person; and
- not submit, copy, supply, re-sell, distribute or make available in any way any Talent CVs or other information received from Jobbio to any person.
- The Brand agrees not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Site; any equipment or network on which the Site is stored; any software used in the provision of the Site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party in connection with the Site.
- The Brand hereby undertakes and warrants to Jobbio:
- The Fees payable shall be those prices set out on the Site or communicated directly to you in writing from time to time.
- Payment for Services will be made according to the payment terms specified on the Site or communicated to you in writing from time to time.
- If you provide your credit, debit, PayPal or Direct Debit details to Jobbio, you hereby authorise Jobbio to bill such credit, debit, PayPal or Direct Debit account for the Fees.
- Jobbio will provide invoices to each Brand where a Brand chooses to pay by invoice. Liability for payment arises from provision of the Services. Further, all items on the invoice are deemed to be payable and any errors or omissions must be communicated to Jobbio in time to be rectified before payment becomes due.
- If the Brand fails to make any payment by the due time then all moneys owing by the Brand to Jobbio shall immediately become due and payable and the provisions of clause 7.5 shall forthwith apply to such moneys.
- The Brand agrees to pay to Jobbio in respect of each item of Services for which payment is not made by the due time interest on the amount paid late at the rate of 4% per annum above the base rate of Allied Irish Banks PLC accruing from day to day (including the date on which payment was due).
- All sums due in respect of the Fees are exclusive of any value added tax or other applicable sales tax, for which the Brand shall be additionally liable.
- Jobbio is merely a conduit to facilitate the introduction of Brands to Talent. Jobbio does not verify or guarantee any Talent's details whether forwarded to the Brand via Jobbio or otherwise. Jobbio accepts no responsibility as to the suitability of Talent who respond to advertisements or Services.
- The Brand shall satisfy itself as to the suitability of any Talent and shall take up any reference provided by the Talent before engaging any such Talent.
- The Brand shall be responsible for obtaining work, or any other permits, for the arrangements of medical examinations and/or investigations into medical history of any Talent, and shall satisfy itself of any medical or other requirements or qualifications required by law
- Jobbio does not accept liability of any description, including liability for negligence (except for personal injury or death), or any damages or losses (including, but without limitation to indirect or consequential loss, or loss of business, revenue, profits, contracts, anticipated loss of savings, loss of goodwill, use or opportunity, wasted management or office time) howsoever resulting from the Brand's use of (or inability to use) this Site, or results of the use of this Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it. This does not affect Jobbio′s liability for any matter which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Jobbio makes no warranty that this Site (or any website that is, or may become linked to this website) is free from computer viruses, "cookies", or any other malicious or impairing computer programmes and/or that the Site shall operate uninterrupted and error-free.
- Jobbio does not accept liability, of any description, however arising, for any loss or damage caused to any Brand, or any other third party, arising from any virus or other impairing computer program contained in any Talent CV or information submitted by any Talent.
- Jobbio does not accept liability for any loss of copy, artwork, photographs, data or other materials that the Brand supplies to Jobbio and the Brand shall be responsible for retaining in its possession sufficient quality and quantity of such materials for whatsoever purposes it may require.
- The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, Jobbio, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Jobbio against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in connection with your use (including that of any of your employees, agents or contractors) of the Services (including without limitation any claim arising from any incomplete, inaccurate, incorrect or otherwise defective Talent Bio or CV.
- Except as otherwise provided by statute, Jobbio disclaims all warranties, express or implied by law of statute, in relation to, but not limited to, the Site.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Jobbio is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it (other than the Brand Materials and other information inputted by a Brand, if any). Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Brand may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for personal reference and may draw the attention of others within the Brand′s organisation to material posted on the Site.
- The Brand must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials it has printed off or downloaded in any way, and must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- The status of Jobbio (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on the Site must always be acknowledged.
- Brand must not use any part of the materials on the Site for any other purpose (commercial or otherwise) other than is permitted under these Conditions without obtaining a licence to do so from Jobbio or its licensors
- If the Brand prints off, copies or downloads any part of the Site in breach of these Conditions, your right to use the Site will cease immediately and Brand must, at Jobbio′s option, return or destroy any copies made of the materials.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ireland and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
- Clicking on the confirm, publish or agree button amounts to an acceptance of these Conditions with Jobbio to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions.
- If any provision of these Conditions is held to be void or unenforceable in whole or in part, these Conditions shall continue to be valid as to the other provisions and the remainder of the affected provision. No waiver by Jobbio shall be effective except in relation to the matter in respect it was specifically given.
- Jobbio may amend the terms of these Conditions at any time by amending this page. The Brand is expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes Jobbio has made, as they are binding.
LAST UPDATED AUGUST 2013
At Jobbio, we take your privacy seriously. Please be assured that we will safeguard any information that you provide. We will never release your personal details to anyone without your permission.
You will prepare your own bio of your professional history (″Bio″) and make it available to companies you want to connect with (″Brands″). A Brand may also request to connect with you but you will decide whether to accept them or not. You control all of the information and who gets access to it. It′s your choice.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the ″Acts″), the data processor is Avar Communications Limited trading as Jobbio a company incorporated in Ireland with company number 495027 whose address is at 46 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2. The data subject remains in control of his or her personal data at all times and we only process it in accordance with his or her instructions.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data:
- Information that is provided by you on our website onjobbio.com (our site)
- Information that is provided by you in creating a Bio, uploading a CV or filling in forms on our site.
- If any person contacts us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that are accessed by users.
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our site. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The Protection of Your CV & Bio
We understand that your CV is very personal to you and we wish you to have full control over who can view it and whether or not you wish to have your contact details (name, address, telephone number, email address etc) visible to anyone.
When you create a Jobbio account your skillset will be searchable by Brands who may request to connect with you. You have full control over whether you decide to connect with these Brands or not.
You may delete your account and remove your Bio at any time. However, Brands that you have chosen to connect with may have retained a paper or other copy of your CV / Bio in their own files or databases. We are not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy of your CV by Brands in these instances and you should refer to their own privacy, terms and data retention policies.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To process any requests you make to us.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To inform you of similar goods and services that we offer.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may provide third parties with aggregate information about our users that does not identify any individual.
- We may write to you directly to gauge feedback as to our service and its provision or for general market research purposes.
Disclosure of your information
Where you choose to connect to a Brand or to apply for a job through our site, in doing this you are releasing your information to that Brand.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 155 of the Companies Acts, 1963.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Avar Communications Limited trading as Jobbio or a substantial part of its assets (including by way of an example are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Avar Communications Limited trading as Jobbio, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where you give us permission to do so.
User Rights and Marketing
We may use your personal data to contact you from time to time. We may also provide you with marketing information about us. If at any time you wish to stop the delivery of such information you can opt-out of any unwanted emails. YOU CAN DO THIS BY CLICKING ON THE LINK AT THE END OF A COMMUNICATION FROM US OR FROM THE ACCOUNT SETTINGS SECTION OF YOUR BIO PAGE.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, service providers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Security and Password
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. You can gain access to your Jobbio account and modify the information stored there by supplying an email address and password.
You are responsible for ensuring the safety and privacy of any password you use to log in to the site. Do not share your password with any other person. If you are using a shared computer, please ensure that you log out your Jobbio account or close down the browser before leaving the computer for the next user.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can find more information about the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Analytics||[_utma __utmb __utmc __utmv __utmz]||
Google Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
The information collected is anonymous and includes the number of visitors to the site, what pages they visited and where they have come to the site from.
|Further information on Google Analytics is available at https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You expressly agree, acknowledge and accept that we provide this service as a mere conduit between you and the Brands. Consequently, we cannot accept any liability for any direct or indirect damages (including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of contracts), or any consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or any other monetary or other damages or liabilities arising out of or relating to your use of Jobbio. In addition, we reserve the right to remove your Bio and suspend our services in relation to you if we consider in our absolute discretion that providing the service may incur a legal liability for you, our Brands, or us.
Access to Information
The Acts gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com or by post at 46 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.